Pom Pom Rug
Pom Poms are so much fun to make. You can use them for so many super cute projects. They look equally gorgeous in neutrals as they do in brighter colors or pastels. They feel so comfy underfoot too! The best part of making these rug are that they make the perfect yarn de-stashing project. You can use pretty much any fiber, weight and even color you want. This project can be a little time consuming, but the results are so fun and exciting! These Pom Pom Rugs will look beautiful in a favorite space at your place and they are so easy to make!
To make that pattern visible, I had to use three different color yarns and yellow yarn for the centers. Any colors would work well with this rug mat, keep in mind if you use a single color, your rug will look more like polka-dots vs. flowers. You need to have a few different color yarns to create borders and contrasts. I also chose to use cotton yarn for the center; it adds a bit of contrast to the yarn I opted for the rest of the mat. The cotton pom-poms look like flower centers.
- For the 24″ x 42″ sized rug, I used 15 skeins of yarn.
- Four skeins Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn – Fluffy Cloud White
- Four skeins Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn, Grey Heather
- Four skeins Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn – Natural
- Two skeins Lily Sugar’n Cream Yarn – Yellow
- One skein Premier Yarns Cotton Fair Solid Yarn – White
- Area Rug Pad (5×7) 5×7 is what I used, but a 4×6 would have been more than adequate. I could not find a 4×6 with the right size honeycomb, but I am sure they do exist.