Make a Herringbone Pincushion
Keep those sharp pins and needles away by making this herringbone pin cushion. This herringbone pin cushion is big enough to accommodate a lot of pins. The process of making this is also super fun and this craft is beginner friendly. So friends, let’s get those scrap fabrics and put them to good use.
- (2) Muslin, cotton voile, or solid quilting cotton rectangles for foundation piecing 2-1/2" x 7-1/2"
- (1) Backing fabric (linen or quilting cotton) 4-1/2" x 7-1/2"
- Lots of quilting cotton scraps 1/2" to 3/4" wide x 4-1/2" long
- (4) Quilting cotton scraps 1-1/2" to 2" wide x 4" long for ends
- (2) 100% Cotton quilt batting 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
- Machine piecing and quilting thread or other 100% cotton thread
- Crushed walnut shells or other weighted pincushion fill
- Hand quilting thread to finish the pincushion
- Basic sewing tools